Of all of the methods to get extra visitors to your web site, one technique particularly that I experimented with in 2019 was web site push notifications.
Just like the notifications you get in your cellphone, browser push notifications allow you to ship messages to your web site’s guests even after they’re not in your web site.
It’s a way that I’ve positively seen success with and I encourage you to strive it by yourself web site:
I’ve written extra about the advantages of push notifications prior to now. So slightly than focussing on the speculation on this put up, I’m going to leap to the 5 of the very best WordPress push notification plugins to make it simpler so that you can add push notifications to your weblog or your web site.
What To Look For In A Push Notification Plugin
As you undergo this checklist, there are some things that it’s best to take note of:
- What gadgets does the service assist? Most companies assist Chrome and Firefox, however it’s uncommon to discover a service that helps Safari, which can be an issue when you have a number of guests utilizing Safari.
- What number of subscribers will you could have? Relying on what number of subscribers you suppose you’ll have, some companies could also be cheaper than others.
- What additional options does the service provide? Consider whether or not you want options like segmentation, scheduling, A/B testing and extra.
Web page Contents
Greatest WordPress Push Notification Plugins For 2019
PushEngage is technically a standalone service for cellular and net push notifications. Nevertheless, it additionally presents a devoted WordPress plugin that makes including push notification performance to WordPress straightforward.
For those who’re acquainted with ShoutMeLoud, PushEngage is definitely what we use right here on the web site. We’re even listed on the PushEngage touchdown web page!
PushEngage allows you to ship push notifications to each desktop and cellular variations of:
- Samsung Web Browser
Past that, it contains a variety of options that can assist you ship push notifications in a sensible means:
- Computerized responders: Ship notifications based mostly on a buyer’s actions. For instance, advertising automation for e mail.
- Straightforward segmentation: Section your guests based mostly on the URL from which they accepted browser notifications as a way to ship them content material you realize they’ll love. For instance, I might section customers studying WordPress posts into WordPress section.
- Automation: That is one characteristic that I really like about Pushengage. With this characteristic, I might ship computerized push notifications to my subscribers.
- Geotargeting: Ship push notifications to customers from particular geo-locations.
- RSS to notification: Arrange your RSS feed to immediately alert folks everytime you publish new content material – with none handbook motion in your half.
- Personalised cart abandonment notifications: Tremendous useful for those who’re operating an eCommerce retailer on WordPress.
- Name to motion buttons: Add a number of name to motion buttons.
PushEngage is free for as much as 2,500 subscribers and 120 notifications per thirty days. To handle numbers in extra, you’ll must pay, beginning $29/month.
For those who’re curious about utilizing PushEngage, we have now a full tutorial on how one can add browser notifications to WordPress utilizing PushEngage.
Create free account on PushEngage
Much like PushEngage, OneSignal is a standalone push notification service that simply integrates with WordPress, due to a devoted WordPress plugin.
Nevertheless, OneSignal’s supported gadgets are barely totally different when in comparison with PushEngage’s. It helps:
- Chrome (desktop and Android)
- Safari (Mac OS X)
- Firefox (desktop solely)
So, compared to PushEngage, you get the Safari notifications however lose out on cellular Firefox notifications. Past that, OneSignal boasts of a reasonably related characteristic checklist:
- Computerized notifications: Ship reminders based mostly on set standards. For instance, whether or not or not you’ve revealed a brand new put up or whether or not an individual has visited your website over the previous few days.
- Segments: Goal your guests by a variety of totally different consumer attributes.
- A/B testing: Run cut up checks to search out the best performing messages earlier than you ship them to your total viewers. This characteristic is pretty distinctive.
- Scheduling: Schedule your notifications for a future date.
OneSignal is totally free with no limitations. Nevertheless, additionally they provide unspecified premium plans.
Be a part of OneSignal
PushCrew is one other well-liked push notification service which you could simply combine into WordPress with a easy plugin.
Of the three push notification plugins that I’ve lined thus far, PushCrew has the smallest checklist of supported gadgets. Presently, PushCrew works with:
- Chrome (desktop and Android)
- Firefox (desktop)
Nevertheless, PushCrew makes up for this comparatively small system set with some neat options like:
- CTA buttons: Show one or two CTA buttons in your push notifications.
- Scheduling: Ship notifications at a particular time sooner or later.
- Section Creator: A software that can assist you section your guests utilizing customized And/Or circumstances.
- Expiry notifications: For those who’re operating a timed deal, this helps guarantee your subscribers don’t see a notification after the deal has already expired.
- RSS assist: Routinely notify subscribers of recent posts as quickly as you publish. You may even customized schedule when RSS feed objects get despatched out.
PushCrew presents a free plan that helps limitless notifications for as much as 2,000 subscribers with some characteristic limitations. Past these numbers, you’ll need to select from plans beginning at $18 per thirty days.
Be a part of Pushcrew
Much like the three earlier plugins, PushAssist can be a standalone service that gives a devoted WordPress plugin thereby making the setup course of straightforward.
PushAssist additionally has a protracted system checklist. Right here’s what it helps:
- Chrome (desktop and Android)
- Firefox (desktop and Android)
- Safari (Mac OS X)
It additionally boasts of a characteristic set much like lots of the earlier companies:
- Segmentation: Section subscribers based mostly on location, pursuits and different knowledge.
- Scheduling: Schedule push notifications for particular dates and instances.
- Personalization: Requires some setup – however allows you to ship customized messages.
PushAssist has a free plan that helps as much as 3,000 subscribers with limitless notifications (and PushAssist branding). Paid plans begin at simply $9 per thirty days.
Be a part of PushAssist
5. All push notification for WP
In contrast to the 4 companies listed above, All push notification for WP is a devoted WordPress plugin. It means there aren’t any month-to-month charges and all of the processing is finished proper in your server as a substitute of a third-party service.
Because of this, it does require a technical setup, solely helps cellular notifications, and doesn’t have almost as many options as the opposite companies.
All push notification for WP helps cellular push notifications through the next companies:
- Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) – for Android gadgets
- Apple Push Notification service (APNs) – for iOS gadgets
You may then:
- Ship notifications everytime you publish a brand new put up
- Ship notifications to particular WordPress customers (this can be a fairly neat characteristic, although it’s a distinct segment use)
For those who’re a newbie or an off-the-cuff blogger, I don’t suggest that you simply use this plugin – it’s far too sophisticated and you may be higher off utilizing one of many extra user-friendly companies above.
Nevertheless, for those who’re tech-savvy and desire a answer that may assist cellular notifications for limitless customers with none month-to-month charges or third-party branding, this one is price trying out.
Which Push Notification Plugin Ought to You Use?
Provided that indisputable fact that I already instructed you about utilizing PushEngage right here at ShoutMeLoud, it’s a straightforward guess as to which push notification plugins I’d suggest.
PushEngage is a superb choice as a result of:
- It has a free plan that works for many bloggers.
- The autoresponder software offers you neat methods to work together along with your viewers.
- You may add name to motion buttons to your notifications.
- It has straightforward segmentation.
Bear in mind – for those who’re curious about getting began with PushEngage, right here is a tutorial that can assist you shortly rise up and operating.