Have you ever been looking for fascinating WordPress stats and details? Should you’re trying into beginning a weblog or web site on WordPress, you could be looking for details about the facility of WordPress and a few arduous proof of what it could do. Or perhaps you’re a WordPress fan and need to persuade others that they need to be part of the wonderful WordPress group and also you want stats to again up your claims. Regardless of the motive, in the event you’re searching for WordPress statistics, you’re in the best place!
Get able to take a deep dive into 100+ fascinating WordPress stats and details. Since it is a grasp checklist of WordPress statistics, right here’s a desk of contents to assist information you thru the article and discover the precise statistic or truth you’re searching for.
- The Reputation of WordPress
- WordPress Growth
- The WordPress Group
- WordPress Occasions
- WordPress Plugins
- Themes for WordPress
- WordPress Safety
- The WordPress Economic system
- Miscellaneous WordPress Stats
- WordPress Enjoyable Details
To start with, earlier than we leap into these superior WordPress stats, let’s speak in regards to the fundamentals of what WordPress is.
WordPress is an internet, open supply software program that you should utilize to create an internet site. It’s one of many best and strongest content material administration methods for web sites and blogs out there immediately, and it’s free to obtain and set up as properly.
It’s vital to notice that there are 2 “sorts” of WordPress, WordPress.org and WordPress.com. Listed here are the variations between the two:
- WordPress.org – WordPress.org is a free software program out there for obtain and it may be put in on any WordPress internet hosting firm.
- WordPress.com – WordPress.com is a hosted answer.
On this article, we’ll principally be specializing in WordPress.org statistics however there are some WordPress.com stats included as properly. In order for you a extra detailed breakdown on the variations between WordPress.org and WordPress.com, take a look at our article, WordPress.com vs WordPress.org – Is One Actually Higher Than the Different?
Associated: WordPress Overview: MUST Learn Earlier than Launching a Website
Now, let’s get into these superior WordPress stats!
WordPress Reputation – Statistics, Details, and Figures
WordPress has turn into the preferred content material administration system (CMS) on this planet. Hundreds of thousands of bloggers and companies, massive and small, have chosen WordPress to start their websites. Listed here are some statistics and details that reveal the recognition of WordPress.
1. WordPress powers 32% of the web. (W3Techs)
2. Equally, WordPress powers over 75 million websites on the internet. (WordCamp)
3. A Google search of ‘WordPress’ will get you about 2,060,000,000 outcomes. (Google)
4. WordPress’ share of the worldwide content material administration market is 60.2%. (Search Engine Journal)
5. WordPress will get extra month-to-month distinctive guests than Amazon, and the identical as Fb (however with 25x fewer folks on workers). (Codeinwp)
6. Over 60 million folks selected WordPress to energy their web site or weblog. (WordPress)
7. 14.7% of prime 100 Web sites are powered by WordPress.
8. As of 2014, tens of hundreds of recent WordPress.com websites are created daily. (WordPress)
9. There have been 30 million Google searches for WordPress in December 2018. (Google developments)
10. WordPress.com customers produce about 136.2 million new weblog posts and 77.7 million new feedback every month. (WordPress)
11. Over 409 million folks view greater than 20.7 billion weblog pages on WordPress.com every month. (WordPress)
12. Each day greater than 1014 WordPress websites and 496 WooCommerce shops be part of the highest 10 million web sites tracked by W3Techs.
13. WordPress is 10 occasions extra well-liked than Joomla and eight.9 occasions extra well-liked than Drupal. (Websitebuilder)
WordPress Growth – Stats and Details
WordPress has come a great distance because it was launched to the world. Try these fascinating WordPress statistics that showcase WordPress’ growth through the years and the way it got here to be what it’s now.
1. WordPress was launched by its founders Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little as a fork of b2/cafelog.
2. The primary model of WordPress was launched on Might 27, 2003, which makes WordPress older than Twitter and Fb.
3. WordPress will not be owned by any firm. WordPress co-founder Matt Mullenweg created the non-profit group, WordPress Basis, to guard the freedoms provided by the software program’s open supply license.
4. WordPress.org has no CEO. The mission is run by volunteer builders from everywhere in the world.
5. Anybody can edit or add to WordPress’s core code as it’s categorised as open-source software program licensed underneath the GPL. (WordPress.org)
6. WordPress is written in PHP programming language and makes use of MySQL for database.
7. WordPress 5.0, the most recent model of WordPress, has been downloaded 19,074,521 occasions to this point. (Check out how briskly the WordPress Counter goes up!)
8. A complete of 98 variations of WordPress have been launched up to now. (WordPress)
9. 443 folks contributed to WordPress 4.9, with 185 of them collaborating for the primary time. (CodeinWP)
10. Solely 22.4% of WordPress web sites are operating probably the most present model of the software program (5.0). (WordPress.org)
11. Main core updates of WordPress are launched about each 152 days on the common. (CodeinWP)
12. The group behind WordPress additionally runs sister initiatives like bbPress, BuddyPress, and GlotPress.
WordPress Group – Stats and Details
The WordPress group is stuffed with numerous and passionate customers. Check out these superior statistics that reveal how plentiful and distinctive the WordPress group is.
1. WordPress isn’t just for bloggers, companies, and publications. Academic establishments like Cornell College, Harvard Blogs, The College of Maine, and Des Moines College are on WordPress.
2. Some authorities web sites that use WordPress embrace Sweden’s Official Website, Milwaukee Police Information, United States Mission Geneva, and the Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. (Websitebuilder)
3. Some notable customers of WordPress.com embrace TechCrunch, TED, CNN, The Nationwide Soccer League, UPS, and extra. (WordPress)
4. Different prime web sites and firms who use WordPress embrace Forbes, Mashable, The New York Instances, Samsung, PlayStation, and Coca-Cola. (Expert)
5. WordPress is hottest with companies and least well-liked with information websites. (Torque)
6. Celebrities who use WordPress embrace Jay Z, Russel Model, Sylvester Stallone, and Kobe Bryant. (Expert)
7. WordPress is totally translated into 68 languages and partially translated into dozens extra.
8. English downloads at the moment are formally surpassed by non-English downloads of WordPress software program. (WordPress.org)
9. WordPress.com hosts blogs written in over 120 languages. The highest languages are English at 71%, Spanish at 4.7%, Indonesian at 2.4%, and Portuguese (Brazil) at 2.3%.
10. There are 2,030,000+ subjects on the official WordPress assist discussion board. (Codeinwp)
WordPress Occasions – Details and Statistics
WordPress followers all the world get collectively to study from one another at WordPress occasions like WordCamp. Try these stats that present how the love of WordPress brings folks collectively.
1. The primary WordCamp was organized in San Francisco by Matt Mullenweg in 2006. (WordCamp)
2. There have been 932 WordCamps to this point, in 65 nations. (WordCamp)
3. All WordCamp organizers and audio system are unpaid volunteers — they do it for the love of WordPress. (WordCamp)
4. The WordCamp occasion in Europe 2017 noticed a file gathering of 1900 folks coming from over 79 nations. (SoftwareFindr)
5. Should you can’t make it to a WordCamp occasion in individual, you possibly can watch recordings of the occasions free of charge on WordPress.television. (WordPress.tv)
6. Tons of of hundreds of WordPress customers collect at month-to-month meetups in 436 cities worldwide. (WordPress)
7. In addition to WordCamp occasions, there are a ton of different WordPress occasions occurring on a regular basis, everywhere in the world. Get an inventory of upcoming occasions on WordPress.org.
WordPress Plugins – Stats, Details, and Figures
WordPress plugins are like apps on your WordPress web site. You need to use plugins to make a WordPress website much more highly effective than it already is. Try these fascinating stats and details about WordPress plugins.
1. WordPress plugin downloads crossed 1.48 Billion complete downloads in 2016.
2. There are 54,257 free plugins within the official WordPress Plugin Listing, with extra added daily. (WordPress)
3. Among the hottest free WordPress plugins are Contact Type 7, Yoast search engine marketing, Akismet Anti-Spam, and Jetpack by WordPress.com, all with over 5 million lively installations every. (WordPress.org)
4. One of the vital well-liked paid plugins for WordPress is Visible Composer with 2340 items offered per week. (Expert)
5. There are over 6,000 premium WordPress plugins on CodeCanyon. Visible Composer, Slider Revolution, LayerSlider, and UberMenu are the perfect sellers. (Codeinwp)
6. On CodeCanyon, 80% of searches are targeted on performance (i.e. sliders, types, calendars). (Codeinwp)
7. The most well-liked eCommerce plugin, WooCommerce, is put in on greater than Three million web sites with over 58 million all time downloads.
8. Woocommerce powers 9% of all on-line shops. (Constructed With)
9. The most well-liked free web page builder is Elementor with over 430,000 new downloads each week. (SoftwareFindr)
10. Howdy Dolly is a very ineffective however fairly iconic plugin. The plugin shows a random lyric from the track Howdy Dolly by Louis Armstrong within the higher proper nook of your admin display screen. (WPSaviour)
WordPress Themes – Statistics, Details, and Figures
WordPress themes give your web site an prompt makeover. There are literally thousands of free and paid WordPress themes you possibly can obtain to provide your web site the precise look you need. Check out these stats about WordPress themes.
1. Themes had been first launched in 2005, with the primary new default WordPress theme known as Kubrick. (WPSaviour)
2. WordPress releases a brand new default theme yearly. (Elegant Themes)
3. WordPress.org’s free theme listing has greater than 5,800 free WordPress themes. (WPsavior)
4. The most well-liked WordPress theme is a tie between Divi and Genesis, every are used on 10% of all WordPress websites, for a complete of 20%. (Small Biz Tendencies)
5. 1000’s of themes are offered by Industrial WordPress theme retailers with a median value of $40 per theme. (WPSaviour)
6. Avada by ThemeForest is likely one of the most bought WordPress themes of all time with over 450,000 prospects. (ThemeForest)
7. 25% of all WordPress themes on ThemeForest have made no less than $2,500 in a month. And 50% of their themes have made no less than $1,000 in a month. (Envato)
8. 93% of general ThemeForest gross sales come from responsive themes. (Codeinwp)
9. Over 70% of ThemeForest searches are targeted round area of interest themes. (Codeinwp)
10. 2,125,962 is the variety of occasions customers switched their WordPress theme within the month of September 2018 alone. (WordPress.com)
WordPress Safety – Statistics and Details
Since WordPress is the preferred CMS software program on this planet, it’s a standard goal for hacking makes an attempt. There are a variety of the way to shield your WordPress web site together with retaining your plugins up to date and selecting a powerful password, however listed below are some statistics about WordPress safety you must know.
1. 83% of all CMS based mostly web sites that had been hacked in 2017 had been operating WordPress, which is smart since WordPress holds 60% of the CMS market share.
2. 39% of hacked WordPress web sites had been utilizing an outdated model of the software program.
3. Virtually 50% WordPress websites are affected by a safety vulnerability attributable to an outdated or poorly coded WordPress plugin or theme.
4. 52% of reported WordPress safety vulnerabilities relate to WordPress plugins. (KeyCDN)
5. A WordPress plugin vulnerablity led to the Panama Papers Leak, the biggest journalist information breach in historical past with over 4.Eight million emails exploited. (Wordfence)
6. Round 8% of WordPress websites had been hacked as a consequence of a weak password.
7. Solely 11.45% of WordPress websites use SSL Encryption as of 2016.
8. Google blacklists round 20,000 web sites for malware, and round 50,000 for phishing, each single week.
9. Wordfence blocked 3,236,017,356 assaults on WordPress websites within the final 30 days. (Wordfence)
10. The 4 most typical WordPress malware infections are Backdoors, Drive-by downloads, Pharma hacks, and Malicious redirects. (Smashing Journal)
11. WordPress has a built-in Auto Replace System that routinely updates itself for minor releases and may push computerized plugin updates if a extreme vulnerability is discovered.
It is best to learn out the final WordPress safety information for extra particulars. Additionally, take a look at our articles on WordPress books together with the books on safety and finest WordPress safety plugins.
WordPress Economic system – Stats, Details, and Figures
WordPress powers a multi-billion greenback economic system and creates hundreds of jobs everywhere in the world. Try these superior statistics in regards to the WordPress economic system that show you may make cash from WordPress too.