Perhaps you’ve toyed round with the thought of writing an e-book for some time, however you haven’t gotten round to it but. In spite of everything, creating an e-book is just too exhausting and time-consuming, proper?
Whereas placing collectively a promotional e-book isn’t any stroll within the park, you are able to do it when you put your thoughts to it. Moreover, publishing an e-book comes with many advantages, equivalent to enabling you to advertise your web site and set up your self as an authority in your subject.
On this article, we’ve put collectively a four-step course of that can assist you create your first promotional e-book, overlaying every thing from planning to publishing. Let’s dive proper in!
Step #1: Choose the Proper Instruments
Step one to the e-book writing course of is discovering the fitting instruments. Writing an e-book is rather a lot totally different than an everyday weblog submit from a formatting standpoint, so that you’ll want to seek out instruments that may enable you to sort out that side, in addition to some others. With that in thoughts, we put collectively a quick checklist of our favourite writing instruments, separated into 4 classes on your profit.
1. Writing and Enhancing
- Microsoft Phrase. You’re most likely already conversant in this one. It’s among the best instruments for brainstorming and writing any kind of content material. Moreover, it lets you arrange advanced macros to deal with repetitive duties, which generally is a important timesaver.
- Google Docs. On paper, Google Docs is similar to Microsoft Phrase, apart from its superior collaboration options. When you’re working with an editor and you must keep on high of adjustments and revisions, this device needs to be proper up your alley.
2. Formatting and Conversion
- PublishXpress. PublishXpress affords seamless conversions to the .epub and .mobi codecs. All you must do is add your supply file, select a canopy, and click on on the Convert button.
- Anthologize. Anthologize is a WordPress plugin that converts WordPress posts into PDFs with just some clicks.
3. All-in-One Instruments
- Pressbooks. This highly effective WordPress plugin permits you to plan, write, edit, format, and publish e-books proper out of your dashboard.
- Calibre. This desktop app affords a full suite of options to write down, format, publish, and even convert e-books between a number of file sorts.
4. WordPress Instruments
- PDF & Print by BestWebSoft. What to supply premium or free content material in your web site as a pdf? This free plugin add PDF and Print buttons to your posts so your readers can simply obtain or print your content material for later studying.
- Easy PDF Exporter. Have to export all or your posts, or all of a customized submit kind? This free plugin bulk exports your posts to a single PDF file making the course of fast and simple.
Step #2: Begin Writing Your Promotional E-Guide
When you’ve discovered the fitting instruments, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and begin writing. This section may be prolonged, and it could actually get irritating, so it’s necessary that you just follow a course of that works for you. With that in thoughts, right here’s how we deal with lengthy writing duties:
- Select a subject. It is a private resolution, however for the very best outcomes, you need to decide a topic that you just’re passionate and educated about.
- Analysis. Examine your subject and begin serious about what info goes to make it into your e-book.
- Put collectively an overview. When you’ve researched your concepts totally, create an overview on your undertaking. There aren’t any exhausting and quick guidelines for doing so, however you possibly can at all times search for a template to get you began.
- Write your first draft. Sit down and begin typing – relying in your private style, this step might embrace beneficiant quantities of espresso. You may wish to keep away from modifying at this stage, since it could actually sluggish you down.
- Edit and polish your draft. Ideally, you need to take a small break between finishing your first draft and modifying it. Verify for concepts that you just might need missed, phrase repetition, points with move, and, after all, grammar errors and typos.
- Proofread. This step is greatest dealt with by a recent pair of eyes, so you need to take into consideration outsourcing it to an editor. A very good editor ought to catch something that you just missed throughout the earlier step.
- Publish your e-book. We’ll speak extra about the way to publish your e-book additional on, so hold studying!
In relation to writing long-format content material equivalent to an e-book, it pays to be as structured as attainable, and breaking down the method into a number of steps will make the endeavor a lot much less annoying than tackling it with out it a plan.
Step #3: Format Your E-Guide
When you’ve completed writing your e-book, it’s time to work on its format and formatting, after which convert the doc to your required file kind. Getting the formatting on your e-book proper is crucial in order that it renders accurately throughout every kind of shows, particularly these in small type components.
Whenever you’re glad together with your e-book’s format and format, we have to convert it to an appropriate file kind to reduce compatibility errors. These are the most well-liked e-book file codecs for the time being:
- PDF: This file kind is extraordinarily widespread due to its big selection of compatibility.
- Mobi: The Mobipocket (or mobi) format is right if you must render advanced content material with ease and suppleness.
- ePub: This widespread e-book format affords a stable expertise and is supported by most studying software program.
Out of these three, PDF is by far the most well-liked format due to its mainstream help. Nevertheless, today most individuals are prone to have entry to studying software program that helps a variety of file sorts, so that you needn’t select PDF by default if compatibility is your most important concern.
Step #4: Add and Publish Your E-book
After all of your exhausting work, all that’s left is to publish your e-book and look ahead to the glowing critiques to start out pouring in. There are two most important choices relating to publishing, so let’s take a look at the advantages of every to assist you decide.
Self Publish Your Guide
Your first possibility is to self-publish your guide. Meaning you gained’t must undergo a distributing agent, and it’s so simple as importing the e-book to your WordPress web site and hitting the Publish button. Self-publishing may be the very best route when you’re working with a restricted finances, otherwise you don’t wish to share your income with a web based distributor. Moreover, it lets you retain management over all the course of, which might prevent loads of complications.
Utilizing the Straightforward Digital Downloads (EDD) plugin, you possibly can deal with all the course of proper out of your WordPress dashboard. In truth. we even have a complete Straightforward Digital Downloads information to stroll you thru the method of establishing your on-line retailer for the primary time.
If you wish to provide your e-book totally free, the Free Downloads add-on for EDD permits you to take action with out forcing consumers to undergo the common checkout course of. As a substitute, all they must do is provide their electronic mail in change on your e-book.
Contact A Distributor
The second possibility relating to publishing is to make use of an e-book distributor. With a distributor, you merely add your e-book, set a worth, and sit again whereas they do all of the exhausting give you the results you want (in change for a payment, after all). A few of our favourite distribution providers embrace Smashwords, Draft2Digital, and Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.
When you don’t have the time to deal with all of the minutia of publishing your e-book, the fitting distribution service can take an enormous load off your shoulders. Nevertheless, do take into account that most providers include pointers of their very own, and also you’ll must cope with them to replace your e-book and obtain funds. When you don’t thoughts these small drawbacks, then by all means, take into account the choice.
Publishing an e-book generally is a irritating endeavor when you don’t know the place to start out. Nevertheless, tackling the undertaking with a stable plan in thoughts ought to enable you to end sooner and prevent loads of complications.
Listed below are the 4 most important steps to getting your first promotional e-book written and revealed:
- Discover the fitting instruments for the job.
- Sit down and write.
- Format your e-book.
- Publish your e-book in your web site or by utilizing a distribution service.