OnePress is a multi-purpose theme appropriate for any enterprise needing a easy one-page internet presence.
It’s developed by FameThemes, makers of a number of WordPress themes, although OnePress appears to be the most well-liked. With over 20,000 lively installs, it’s among the many hottest and extremely rated themes within the WordPress.org listing.
Options of OnePress
OnePress is an easy theme, however one you could simply customise. Listed below are its foremost options.
In case you navigate to Look » Customise, you’ll be able to configure the design of your website.
From right here, you’ll be able to:
- add a brand
- change your website’s major shade and footer background shade
- change the colour of the header background, and menu colours
Below Look » Customise » Theme Choices » Social Profiles, you’ll be able to add as much as 5 completely different social media icons. You may as well customise the icon with Font Awesome icons.
There’s additionally an possibility so as to add a MailChimp opt-in type within the footer (discovered beneath Look » Customise » Theme Choices » Publication).
One-page Theme With Animations
OnePress is supposed for use as a one-page theme. With the intention to set that up, you’ll should set your homepage to show a static web page.
First, you’ll should create a brand new web page utilizing the Frontpage template. Click on on Pages » Add new, enter a title, and choose “Frontpage” because the web page template. Then click on Publish.
Now navigate to Settings » Studying. Below Entrance Web page Shows, choose “A static web page” and select your new web page within the dropdown menu. You’ll want to click on Save Modifications on the backside of the web page.
Now you’re able to customise your content material. You are able to do that within the Look » Customise menu.
There are 9 potential sections for the homepage:
- Hero: massive background picture with customizable heading, textual content, and buttons
- Video lightbox: show a video under the hero part, which performs in a lightbox when clicked
- About: shows a customizable title, subtitle, description, and web page content material or excerpt of your selection
- Options: add as much as four options every with Font Superior icon, title, description, and hyperlink
- Providers: add as much as four pages to show with featured picture, title, and excerpt
- Counter: show as much as four numbers with a count-up animation
- Workforce: show as much as four photos out of your media library, together with title, description, and hyperlink
- Information: shows any variety of newest posts out of your weblog, with thumbnails and excerpts
- Contact: shows a contact type utilizing any shortcode, plus your handle, telephone quantity, e-mail, and fax
All sections have a slide-up animation because the consumer scrolls down the web page. You may select to cover any part you don’t wish to use.
Whereas OnePress suggests utilizing Contact Kind 7, we didn’t discover that plugin to be very user-friendly. We suggest utilizing shortcodes from WPForms as a substitute. They’ll show very properly within the OnePress contact part.
To create a menu on your homepage sections, you’ll be able to create a menu and add customized hyperlinks utilizing the part IDs (as configured within the Look » Customise menu).
One Click on Demo Import
OnePress offers you the choice to import demo content material to get your website arrange extra shortly. Importing the demo content material will arrange your website identical to it seems within the demo. From there, you’ll be able to customise the content material to your liking. It is a good shortcut characteristic often solely present in premium themes.
three Web page Templates and 1 Widget Space
Apart from the Frontpage template, there are two different web page templates:
- Full width: a web page with no sidebars
- Left sidebar: shows the sidebar on the left and your web page content material on the appropriate
OnePress consists of just one widget space for the sidebar. There are not any footer widget areas.
You may take a look at this tutorial on including widget areas to WordPress when you’d like so as to add your personal.
There’s additionally only one menu location: the first menu exhibited to the appropriate of your website title/brand.
Get Extra Options With OnePress Plus
There’s a premium model of the theme referred to as OnePress Plus. It consists of further options like:
- drag and drop to reorder homepage sections
- add limitless new sections
- customise styling for all sections
- customizable typography
- add limitless objects to every part
- new sections embody Google maps, pricing, testimonial, and so on.
Documentation and Help
The OnePress documentation is for OnePress Plus — there isn’t any documentation particularly for the free model.
The documentation goes over a lot of the fundamentals of establishing your theme, nevertheless it’s lacking info on some issues, such because the “Options” part of the homepage.