Managing a multi-author weblog is a tough activity by itself. It will get even tougher throughout the upkeep instances and website migrations. We now have helped migrate quite a few multi-author blogs to completely different internet hosting account, and the only greatest problem was to maintain everybody from making any new adjustments. We needed to notify everybody a number of instances to ensure that everybody received the memo. Nicely, just lately we found a technique to put WordPress in a Learn-Solely state which basically freezes your complete website for all customers on the backend. Which means no adjustments are allowed thus making the upkeep and migrations a lot smoother.
In the event you don’t just like the video or want extra directions, then proceed studying.
Very first thing you must do is set up and activate the Code Freeze Plugin. Upon activation it exhibits a warning on all pages saying “Code Freeze is in impact. All Adjustments throughout this era might be misplaced”.
The plugin quickly does the next whereas activated:
- Disables including/enhancing/deleting new content material, media, themes, and many others.
- Disables putting in/activating/deactivating/updating/deleting all plugins (besides this one)
- Disables new feedback/trackbacks on all content material objects
- Removes the QuickPress widget and notices to improve core or plugins
- Supplies discover to dashboard customers that any adjustments might be misplaced
- Supplies usually “learn solely” entry to the dashboard
Word: the one plugin you possibly can deactivate is Code Freeze whereas the Code Freeze is activated.
This plugin is important if you begin the information migration course of in addition to if you find yourself altering DNS. This plugin doesn’t make any database or website adjustments. It additionally has no settings. It’s positively stepping into our MUST HAVE for shifting a website.